New Student Enrollment
Welcome to Montecito Union School!
We look forward to getting to know you and your family. The information below will assist you in the registration process. In-person enrollment support is available at the front office from 8am-4pm, by phone at 805-969-3249, or by email at email@example.com.
The first step to enroll your student at MUS is to provide Verification of Residence of parent, caregiver, licensed foster agency or group home representative, or California Superior Court-appointed legal guardian by submitting the following documents:
1) A current lease/rental agreement signed by landlord and tenant/guardian in its entirety OR a current property tax bill or grant deed listing parent/guardian’s name and residence property address*
2) A current electricity, water, or gas bill (all pages, top & bottom, with name, service period, and residence/service address clearly listed) or verification of service connection reflecting parent/guardian's name and residence address.**
If lease/rental agreement states that all utilities are included (water, gas, and electricity), provide TWO alternate forms of residency verification reflecting guardian’s name, service period or date received, and residence/service address such as:
*If parent/guardian does not have a formal lease agreement or homeownership document in their name as described above in #1, a notarized affidavit signed by landlord is required (click here for template) as well as the landlord’s proof of homeownership or signed lease agreement with right to sublease as described above in #1. Parent/guardian must submit copy of most recent utility bill (water, gas, or electricity) as described above in #2.
**In the event a utility service connection notice is used for proof of residency, then a utility bill must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment.
Age and Grade Level Eligibility
The first step to enrolling your student at Montecito Union School is to provide proof of residency (click here for more details).
After residency is established the following must be submitted for 1st-6th grades:
Complete Immunization Record (CA Health and Safety Code, section 120325-80
All students enrolling in Montecito Union School District need to be up to date on their immunizations according to California Law. To ensure your child can start school, please make sure ALL forms and immunization records must be submitted to the school office BEFORE the first day of kindergarten. For a list of required immunizations, view Parent's guide to Immunizations required for school entry. According to California immunization law, students in the TK program are subject to the same immunization requirements as kindergarten. Since TK is considered the first year of a two-year kindergarten program, the TB requirement to enter the TK program will be subject to the same requirement as kindergarten.
4. Report of Health Examination for School Entry
6. Verification of identity of parent, caregiver, licensed foster agency or group home representative, or California Superior Court-appointed legal guardian:
8. Aeries Online Registration (the link will be emailed once all documents are submitted)
9. Transfer of Academic Records (If transfering from another school, complete this form)
10. Authorization to Administer Medication(s) In accordance with California Education Code Section 49423, the following form must be completed if you and your child’s physician determine that medication(s) must be taken during the school day or during school sponsored trips/outings/events. For more information plase click here.
March 9 2023, 1:30 p.m – 2:30 p.m. TK/Kindergarten New Parent Orientation located at the Montecito Union School Bell Tower (Please RSVP here)
May 2023- TK/Kindergarten Assessments (More information to come)
August 23, 2023 First Day of School (Transitional Kindergarten student day ends at 12:30 p.m. each day)
2022-2023 Bell Schedule
Required documents may be submitted via email, fax, USPS, or drop-off
Montecito Union School
Att: Student Records
385 San Ysidro Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108