Montecito Union School, recognized as a California Distinguished School, is a one-school district serving the community of Montecito with transitional kindergarten through sixth grade. The district is comprised of a middle to upper socio-economic population and has a current enrollment of approximately 410 students. It is governed by a five-member Board of Trustees and is administered by a Superintendent, a Principal and an Assistant Principal.
* Our Mission is to challenge the hearts and the minds of students and to provide them with an educational experience that serves as a roadmap for future success in an ever-changing society. We will accomplish this as a partnership of children, parents, school staff, and community, working together to ensure that each student:
* Experiences success through a dynamic and balanced curriculum
* Takes responsibility for meeting high academic and social standards
* Becomes a responsible, respectful citizen who contributes to society
* Develops a sense of pride in his/her accomplishments
* Values the life-long process of learning
The Mission Statement is supported by certain core beliefs held by all members of:
* The educational community:
* The child is our most important resource
* Education is a collaborative process involving child, parent, school and local community
* Teaching methodologies must be appropriate for the curriculum and address the differences in individual learning styles and abilities
* Assessment is a critical part of the educational process
Our Mission is to challenge the hearts and the minds of students and to provide them with an educational experience that serves as a roadmap for future success in an ever-changing society.